A two year advanced master programme focussing on contemporary solo and ensemble music, mixed media and interdisciplinary performances under the guidance of ICTUS ensemble and SPECTRA ensemble.
This programme includes workshops and lectures by influential composers, choreographers, theatre makers and visual artists, as well as various performances with GAME (Ghent Advanced Master Ensemble) and regular collaborations with P.A.R.T.S.
Past masterclasses and workshops, among others : David Helbich, Michael Beil, Joris Lacoste, Simon Loeffler, Fredy Vallejos, Jeremiah Runnels, Jürg Frey, Fritz Hauser, Alexandra Cardenas, Frederik Croene, Malin Bång, Noé Soulier,…
The two year master programme is completed with a master concert and a written thesis.
Admission requirements :
– a master’s degree in music
– pass the audition
The Ghent Advanced Master Ensemble GAME consists of the musicians and composers of the MANAMA, who share a desire for dialogue, creation of new works, interdisciplinarity and discovery of the latest developments in contemporary music. Since 2013 they have been touring
in Belgium (Q-O2, SMOG, Bijloke, Vooruit,…), UK (Southhampton), Denmark (SPOR festival), Germany, Greece (Big Bang), France (Opéra de Lille) and Croatia (IZLOG festival).
Game performances in season 2019-2020:
- September 26th, 2019, Sint-Baafsabdij (Ghent): John-Luther Adams, Steve Reich
- October 23rd, 2019, Les Brigitinnes with Ictus (Brussels): Jürg Frey
- October 25th, 2019, Tic-Tac Arts Center (Brussels): Curious Chamber Players, Malin Bang
- December 5th, 2019, PostX (Merelbeke): Frederik Croene
- January 12th, 2020, Miry Concert Hall (Ghent): Jesse Broekman, Ann Cleare, David Bird
- February 15th, 2020, SMOG/Walter (Brussels): Karl Naegelen
- March 4th, 2020, Opéra de Lille with Ictus: Misaël Gauchat, Enno Poppe, Franco Donatoni, Claude Vivier, Fausto Romitelli
- April 27th, 2020, Miry Concert Hall (Ghent): Fausto Romitelli, Gérard Grisey => Cancelled due to Corona crisis
Game performances in season 2018-2019:
- September 21st, 2018, D’Apostrof (Deinze): Giacinto Scelsi, James Tenney, Catherine Lamb
- November 29th, 2018, PostX (Merelbeke): Christopher Trapani, José-Maria Sanchez-Verdu, Rune Glerup, Jonah Haven, Carolyn Chen, Jesse Broekman, Ricardo Eizirik, Ruud Roelofsen
- December 7th, 2018, SMOG (Brussels): Rune Glerup, Ricardo Eizirik, Oscar Escudero, Simon Steen Andersen, Jesse Broekman, Ruud Roelofsen
- January 27th, 2019, Q-O2 (Brussels): Karl Naegelen, Christopher Trapani, Klaus Lang, Rune Glerup, Thomas Kessler, Shiuan Chang, Oscar Escudero
- February 23rd-24th, 2019, SLOW festival (Brughes): Jürg Frey
- March 27th, 2019, Opéra de Lille (Lille): Rune Glerup, Christopher Trapani
- March 28th-29th, 2019, Parcours Musicaux (Lille): Michael Beil
- April 6th, 2019, Ear to the Ground Festival (Ghent): David Helbich
- May 3rd, 2019, Zwarte Zaal (Ghent): Fritz Hauser
- May 4th, 2019, Le Lac (Brussels): Christophe Guiraud, Karl Naegelen, Anastasia Guével
- June, 2019: Somnia, collaboration with P.A.R.T.S.
Useful links :
- General info on the programme : website of School of Arts Ghent
- Registration for application : website of School of Arts Ghent
- ICTUS ensemble
- SPECTRA ensemble